Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tornado!

So a few hours ago warnings came over the TV about severe thunderstorm i did not think to much of it and wanted to go check out the awesome clouds. The clouds seemed to look really weird so me and Heidi a good friend were told to take cover. Just as we were getting ready to get into the closet with our children we went back out side and there it was a HUGE tornado funnel cloud. It was one of those feelings where you don't really know what to do but just swear. So we ran back into the house and took cover. we stayed in the closet for about an hour and then come out and watched crazy lightning. Its amazing how powerful mother nature is. well we will defiantly be ready for the next one. here are some of the pictures. one is a picture of clouds Cameron saw in Temple, Texas and the other one is about a mile from our apartments and then us in the closet.





10 comments:

Tanya said...

yeah those are freaky!!! I know the feeling! I had to hide in our closet once to when we were in Indiana!

The Kelly Family said...

Scary! I grew up in the midwest (missouri and indiana) and I remember when we had tornado warnings and we'd go hide in our basement till it passed. We also had tornado drills at school. One time there was a tornado that touched down really close to us while we were at swim lessons and the power went out while we were all in the pool. I'm glad that you guys are all okay.

Mark & Shalon said...

wow, that's scary! glad you're all ok!

*. Th3 BoW3n FamiLy.* said...

oh my gosh i hate that!! agh, i remember when Layne was in Dallas for a meeting and so of course i was alone with Ethan and it was looking so scary outside!! it made me miss idaho! im glad to see you guys had somewhere safe to hidE!! and that you guys are all okay!!

Bacchus Family said...

I am so jealous. I am crazy, but I would love to see a tornado once in my life. Although I'm sure it would also scare the crap out of me to see it in real life. I'm glad everyone and everything was okay.

Fransens said...

Scary Brookie! I'm glad you guys are ok. Looks like you guys had some good times in the closet though: )

JONES GANG!!! said...

i dont get it Brook, i lived in Kansas and we had warnings even we had to take cover a few times and we saw clouds that were so freakin scary you would swear. and we never got to see a tornado you suck. Ryan and I said we wanted to see one as we were leaving kansas to move back to rexburg and never got too and you did well a funnel cloud but those are still freaky. we had one touchdown 10 minutes from us but we would never go to the basement cuz we wanted to see one really bad we are nuts. well iam glad you only had to hide in the closet. glad you guys are ok.

Tiffany said...

Hey Brook! We love reading your blog! Ethan is so cute. Like, Baby Gap model cute. I'm glad the tornado didn't take you out, especially since that closet probably would've gotten sucked right up. My dad used to always say, "There's three things you need to do if a tornado is coming at you. Get down, put your head between your knees... and kiss your butt goodbye!!!" (there's some fatherly advice!) And congrats on baby #2!!! It will be great. :)

Britney said...

pretty freaky! You sure do live an adventurous life! I went Private so if you want in on the news emial me at curtlouis@gmail.com

Jeff and Lindsay said...

That is so awesome that you live in Austin! We should definately get together. I think your little baby is about 3 months older that my baby boy! How cool!
The Texas thunderstorms are crazy, huh. I kind of like them though.